Terms, Conditions and Privacy
All terms and conditions outlined in this policy apply to all users of our services, and all visitors to our website. Access and use of our website means that your accept, and agree to all of the terms and conditions outlined below.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
For the purpose of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act our data controller and data processor is Preventx Limited, the operator of the shl.uk website and service. Preventx Limited is subject to certain obligations with respect to the processing of personal information entered into the shl.uk website.
Information About our Organisation
SHL is a service operated by Preventx Limited.
- Organisation Name: Preventx Limited
- Company Number: 6603066
- Address: Preventx Limited, Meadowhall Business Park, Sheffield, S9 2EQ
- Controller: Preventx Limited
- Web Sites(s): shl.uk
- VAT Number: GB 940141070
You may use our website only for lawful purposes and in complete accordance with the Terms and Conditions outlined. You agree not to use the website:
- In any way that violates any applicable local, national or international law or regulation (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the UK and other countries).
- To do any other act or thing which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent (or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect) or is otherwise prohibited under any applicable law.
- In any way that harms or attempts to harm minors in any way.
- To do anything that includes storing, sending, distributing, uploading, downloading, use or re-use of any content or material which is restricted, prohibited or otherwise unlawful under any applicable law, including confidential information.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam),
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of these terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site.
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored.
- any software used in the provision of our site.
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our sole discretion whether there has been a breach of these terms and condition through your use of the website and service. When a break of these terms and conditions has occurred, wa may take such action as we reasonably deem appropriate. This action may include but is not limited to:
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to access our services.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms and conditions.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights relating to our site, and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you request a diagnostic test or request notifications.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website. Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's memory.
We require cookies to be enabled so we can keep track of your progress through the request procedure. No personal or confidential information is stored in cookies, only a temporary and unique identification code which is only active whilst you are visiting the site and deleted promptly after.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you.
To request a test, you will be asked a number of questions, including some personal questions. You may opt out of some questions. The information is collected by us and it will be accessible along with your result to the following parties:
- Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust (CWFT) – As the clinical service partner for the SHL e-service, CWFT performs all patient management for the service and will have access to patient records.
- Lloyds Online Doctor (Expert Health Limited) – as the provider of postal treatment for the SHL e-service, Lloyds Online Doctor will only have access to your details should you opt into the postal treatment route where offered.
- London NHS Trusts – NHS Trusts based in London that are partnered with the SHL e-service. These trusts are only able to access records where they have or have been provided with multiple patient identifiers. Access is required by the trust to review the record and confirm your details should you attend or engage with a trust’s physical services.
Both shl.uk and any providers managing results adhere to strict privacy guidelines in order to protect your data, and all information will be treated in strict confidence by the current or future service providers.
Please be advised that we never reveal information about identifiable individuals to other parties outside of our standard pathway but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate or anonymous statistical information about our visitors.
If you do not return your test kit promptly, we will send a one-off reminder message. We may also text you once in the future to remind you to get tested again.
Your sample will be tested in Preventx's specialist laboratory and in accordance with the laboratories quality system. Standard testing carried out via the shl.uk service is accredited to international standards, and more information can be read in the Preventx Laboratory Services document. In some cases, we may use non-accredited tests to supplement your screening, however this would only ever be in agreement with doctors of clinicians. Please note that some test samples may be retained by the laboratory after testing for internal studies and verification purposes (such as performing equipment validation).
Storing Your Personal Data
Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted in transit to ensure their safety. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Third Party Links
You may find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act AND GDPR gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.